Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can the Medela...

Default Can the Medela...

Anyone use a Medela PIS for exclusive pumping for up to a year without any problems? I EP and I am hoping that my pump lasts. I bought it in October and pump 6 times a day for 15-20 min eahc time. Anyone out there that has a pump that can withstand frequent pumping??

Thanks

Default Re: Can the Medela...

I have used my Playtex Embrace pump for almost 6 months - no problems. I pump 7-8 times a day for 15min. I couldn't use the Medela -- it was too painful! I hear it is one of the best so I would think it will last! Good luck!

I hope it does. I have the same pump and am following the same schedule. I'm curious to see what other people have to say.
    Proud mother to Xavier Brian

I can attest to the Medela pump. I have had it for exactly one year (as of 2/13) and it's still going strong. I exclusively pump and have pretty much ever since I purchased it.
    Amber
    Mommy to Bridget (12/20/05) and Brady (9/6/07)

I would have to say that Medela has a pretty good rep. I am using a PIS that was used exclusively for twins pumping around the clock over 12 years ago. I thought that there was no way this was going to work and was not looking forward to buying a pump myself, especially after all the use and how old it is, but it is working great. Only been using it for a month myself around the clock, but it is great so far!! I just replaced the outer parts and still working like new!

kmshaw4

I have a Medela PIS that was used for at least 2 other kids before me and it seems to be working fine. It was checked out by my LC and she said it is working fine.