Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Storage bag brand preferences?

Default Storage bag brand preferences?

Which brand of storage bag do you prefer?

I use the Gerber zip bags so I can lie them flat for freezer storage, but I consistently have a problem with them leaking from holes in the bags.

Default Re: Storage bag brand preferences?

I use the same ones. I have had some trouble in the past..maybe from a bad batch with the leaking but otherwise they're great

I also use the Gerber bags, but I've yet to have any leaks. *crossing fingers*

I have used Lansinoh, Gerber and First Years bags and the Lansinoh bags are the best, by far. They have two "zippers" and I have never had a bag break or leak. The only place I have been able to find them is Target. There, the Lansinoh and Gerber bags are the same price. The Gerber bags are fine, I just think the Lansinoh bags are better.

Do not buy the First Years bags . . . they leaked all over the place. As I think everyone would agree, bm is liquid gold and it makes you want to cry if any is wasted.

I always used the Avent Bags (due to the fact they are inexpensive). I didn't really have any leaking problems as long as there was no more than 4 oz. I had an overabundance of milk, so it didn't matter if it leaked. For some strange reason I'd still cry if milk had to be tossed because we forgot to put it in the fridge (I had to throw over half of it out due to storage limits).

I think I got my Lansinoh bags from drugstore.com
    I heard the newer Gerber bags are notorious for leaks.

-Karen

I love my lasinoh bags. They seal well, and freeze well. The easy pour spout thing doesn't work, but it doesn't affect the pouring ability. I love them.

I used the Avent bags which came with my Avent Isis pump. I never had any trouble with them, although, it was kind of tricky sometimes clipping the top w/o spilling, then you need to put them in the freezer upright at first. Once you get the hang of them, they're great!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the lansinoh bags. i have used the lansinoh and gerber and i only bought the gerber because i really needed bags and the store was all out of lansinoh. i have not had any leaking problems with the gerber but the amount is never right...i have to write on them with permanent marker what the amount in the bottle was that i pumped into because it always shows like 2-3 ounces more than what i pumped....what's up with that? i even popped the bottom of the bag down...
    ~~ Valarie ~~
    wife to matt
    mommy to
    ricky 2.9.03, christian 6.28.05, baby olive due JAN 2008

All about the Lansinoh, I love all their products. They have the BEST breast pads too, not that I use them anymore.