Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 3 mo baby-is this behaviour normal??

Default 3 mo baby-is this behaviour normal??

hi everybody
    i have few questions about my LO's behaviour
    Mathew is 3,5 months old and does not fully react to our voices. sometimes wen my hubby talks to him and he is looking at his toy or at something else and does not turn his head to look at my hubby(???)
    he reacts to music and when the phone rings he turns in the direction of the sound.
    on the other hand he gets scared easily. sometimes when one of our frinds is talking to him he gets scared and starts to cry histerically i am really confused
    i want to mention that he is developing well pick his head up and already wants to be picked up to sitting position
    i would appreciate your help

Default Re: 3 mo baby-is this behaviour normal??

does he respond well to you? my bb cries at daddy too.

Did he pass his newborn hearing screen? Our state gives them in the hospital before dismissal? If he didn't have one, I'd ask your pediatrician about it, at least let him decide if he needs a hearing screen. It's possible he may just be sleepy, or distracted but i'd say it 's worth mentioning to his doctor.

I recall all of my littles ones occasionally startling at something or someone, or sometimes like they were having a nightmare while sleeping, and would cry hysterically like they'd had the bejesus scared out of them. I don't think the being startled is too uncommon, but all of my kids always reacted to both mine and my husbands voice immediatly when they were that age. Unless they were sleeping.

Definatly mention it next time you see the pediatrician!! Even if it's nothing the peace of mind is worth the question. My doctor is always great about telling me better safe than sorry,& NO YOUR NOT PARANOID AND INSANE!
    Even though i'm sure he probably stepped out grinned and thought, yes you are paranoid and insane!

Try not to worry unless the doctor tells you that you should! I'm sure your little one is fine!! Hugs!!

our 4mo sometimes won't respond but he's just so distractable, busy and "nosy" that he doesnt want to pay attn. so it could be that. but i agree to ask the ped... cant hurt!
    Stefanie, momma to

deacon james 09.22.06

Quote Originally Posted by Agapimoo View Post
    hi everybody
    i have few questions about my LO's behaviour
    Mathew is 3,5 months old and does not fully react to our voices. sometimes wen my hubby talks to him and he is looking at his toy or at something else and does not turn his head to look at my hubby(???)
    he reacts to music and when the phone rings he turns in the direction of the sound.
    on the other hand he gets scared easily. sometimes when one of our frinds is talking to him he gets scared and starts to cry histerically i am really confused
    i want to mention that he is developing well pick his head up and already wants to be picked up to sitting position
    i would appreciate your help
    All babys grow and develop at different stages. Hopefully, this is whats going on with your little one. I have a 3 month old that responds well but will not hold anything in her hands. All of the reports I've read says that she should be holding objects in her hand for longer periods of time at this age. But heck, she will not hold anything for ANY lenght of time. She started turning over from back to stomach before she was three months, but was late making verbal noises and still doesn't do it but a few times a day.

I share your situation with friends and family. My girl really doesn't "like" (for lack of a better word) anyone but me, my husband and few others. If anyone else tries to hold her she will scream and cry until I take her.

***big problem for me....my girl doesn't care for her grandmother. (my husbands mother) She cries everytime they visit, sometimes non-stop, and they want to babysit.....I don't think so.

Anyway, I always research symptoms on the web but my doctor says I read to much. Ask you MD and if it will make you feel better, call and ask the nurse on Monday, they can see your son, and if nothing else, make you feel better.

Good luck and God bless your son!!!!

my 3 month old is sort of the same way.....he can hear me.....he is just too busy looking at.....??? his hands, his toy, the ground.....to worry about what i'm babbling on about.

Our DD did the same thing. She would occasionally initiate eye contact and interact with us, but the more we tried to get her to look at us, the less she would. Or so it seemed to us. She would only sometimes turn to the sound of our voices and would startle easily.

Outside of that, she was totally normal...no, better than that. She was hitting her milestones on average 2 months early. So we didn't know what to think!

Eventually, she started being more and more interactive and social. She was really just taking everything in for the first few months, I think. And the startling went away once we started helping her get more sleep (I had no idea in the first 2 months just how much she should have been sleeping! )

I am so happy to hear from you guys
    I feel much better after i read what you have to say
    Maybe i need to chill out a little hehehehe
    TAKE CARE GIRLS !!!!