Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't like breastfeeding

Default Re: I don't like breastfeeding

I didn't lahve bf-ing in the beginning... It felt messy and I didn't like the smell... Made me feel sticky... But at 4 months I have gotten over those feelings... I think if you stick with it, you'll acclimate... Not everyone is a happy bf-ing earth goddess... ya know?

It's funny this comes up...I had no issues with my first child, but horrible ones with my second...I enjoy bfing ds#2, but can't stand my breasts to be touched by anyone else...maybe it has something to do with the fact that the 3 people I live with are oBSESSED with them! Hubby loves them, ds#1 has very fond memories, and ds#2 gets his nourishment...Oh one day I will have my body again!

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by pipsmom
    I like to think of my boobs as mutlitaskers!
    OMG This cracked me up!

I hope not to go to exclusive pumping. I had to do that with DD three years ago due to some latch problems that couldn't be corrected with help from LCs, and it was exhausting. I was only able to pump enough for only-breastmilk for the first month, then it slowly was taken over by formula to the point that at 3 months old she was on about half formula. That's when we just stopped the pumping because it was so, so tiring - it's like feeding twins, I'd imagine - feed the pump, then feed the baby, plus washing the pump parts AND the bottles, double duty! I do want to keep nursing but not solely. Weekends are good for me to pump more often since my husband is home. I can freeze some of what I pump on weekends.

I like this advice from quakerm0mma. I have the same problem as her friend. At first I set the goal for 6 weeks and then 6 months for dd best good. I ended up having to stop at 4 months due to reactive hypoglycemia which was causing me to pass out and did not seem to respond to eating changes. DD is now 10 months and doing fine on the bottle. I am planning to try breastfeeding the new baby- due this summer.

My first DD was bottle fed and in and out of the hospital being sick from 2 weeks old until almost 2 years old. She had breathing issues and we had bonding issues.

I was dead set on nursing DD #2 - if for no other reason than the immune system booster. I hated it at first - probably until 4 weeks old when i made an appt with a LLL leader to sit down and go over latching and nursing. Even though I thought i was doing it right - i wasn;t. Once Molly helped us, we were able to do it right - and it got a LOT better. Of course I still don;t feel like it sometimes, but for me, it's not all about me. I give up a lot - going out alone, etc - but I do it for her - because I know what the other side of the coin looks like when they are constantly ill. How selfish could I be to not give #2 the best start possible?