Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Finger food suggestion

elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Finger food suggestion

Another momma shared a great finger food idea! Whole Foods and Trader Joe's sell dried, unsweetened fruit (normally dried fruit is loaded with sugar). It makes a great finger food, especially for outings. So far, we've tried mangoes and pineapple, and Ellie loves them. Just wanted to share.

Default Re: Finger food suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion! A lot of dried fruit is high on iron (at least apricots and raisins are, not sure about the rest). Do you just give them as is, or soften them up? I tried giving my son a dried apricot today but he just poked at it a bit and threw it overboard.

Annie

The fruit she is talking about is freeze dried and crispy not chewy like dried fruit. It's wonderful. Trader Joes has a few different types. I have also bought some at Wild Oats. It's pricey there. They carry the Just Tomatoes brand. It's freeze dried and that's it, nothing added, hints the name Just. And and FYI, www.diaperswappers.com co-ops area hosts a Just Tomatoes co-op. One just ended and she is looking to start another one to end in mid march. I bought a big strawberry, a big pineapple, two green apples, 2crannberries,2 blueberries, and cherries. I love them all and so does DD and DS. I want to try the corn and bananas next. They say the corn tastes like pop corn. It's a huge savings though, so you might want to check it out.

I wasn't sure about the giving the pineapple to DD. Your DD ate that with no troubles? I was wandering about the acidity, do you think the process takes that out?

Oh, thanks, that clarifies things. I wish I had a Trader Joe's near me!

Annie