Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Uh-oh

Default Uh-oh

No poop in 4 days! I guess DS swallowed more than his little belly could handle! We offered sweet potato for 3 days in a row, but stopped since he's been irregular. I gave him a little water today hoping to get things rolling. When would you start offering prune juice? He doesn't seem miserable but he has been a regular once a morning type for 3 of his 6 months.

Theresa
    Theresa

Default Re: Uh-oh

He's six months, right? I would cut back on the solids and offer more bm until it solves itself. You could also offer jarred prunes, if he will eat them. I do give Mia cut up prunes now but I don't think she could have chewed them at six months. As for the juice, I haven't done it, but maybe someone could answer that for you.

Default Re: Uh-oh

I agree with Mia'sMom about the pureed prunes. That's what we use for DD when she seems to be having a bit of trouble. We just buy a couple of jars of the stage 1 prunes- believe me, it's more than enough! We usually just give her 1/2 of the jar to start with and then if we still haven't had a good bowel movement by the next day, we offer the other 1/2 of the jar. Works wonders so far! Also, like a pp mentioned, maybe back off on the solids and just breastfeed until the BMs are straightened out. Good luck!

Marcie
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--