Thanks for the replies to my posting. A few more questions from me.
1) Is there anywhere where photos of burping positions are posted? The ones on holding baby while breasfeeding was most useful.
2) I read that I should only wash my breasts with water while I shower. Surely as I soap myself elsewhere, the soap is bound to get on the breasts.
Furthermore, ( I know this is a dumb question) will the soap get INTO the breasts? I tried to be really careful when showering and would squeeze out some milk from each breast just to make sure that if any soap gets in, it is flushed out by the milk. Am I too paranoid?
3) I only use hot / boiling water to sterilise my bottles. How do you sterilise used bottles with hot water after each feed? I just wash off the milk residue with pipe water and let the hot water run over them. Is that enough? We boil the bottles each morning for 5 minutes.
4) When do I use baby shampoo the bath the baby? She is 5 weeks old. At the moment, we only use lukewarm water.
5) Will the baby get less goodness from breastmilk that is bottlefed compared to breastmilk direct from nursing?
6) When can we take the baby out of the house. So far we have only taken her to the hospital for her checkups. We'd like to bring her to church with us.
That's the lot for today. I am sure there will be lots more questions from me. I am so glad I got on this site. It has been most helpful to me and my husband since we are first time parents with no experience.
Once again, I thank you all in advance.