I am new here. What lucky lot you are to have a breastfeeding support group. I know of nothing like this in where I am now (Malaysia).
I have a few questions that I hope you can help me out. Sorry if they have been asked before. If they have, will you direct me to the posting? Thanks in advance.
1) My baby struggles and her head moves from side to side in frustration when I try to nurse her. She is 5 weeks old. I think I am not holding her properly. I tried to follow the advice of cradling her - position: her face facing my breast, back and legs in one straight line. It is hard to get her tummy to go against mine. Her tummy and legs seemed to face up all the time, even though I tried turning her sideways. How do I turn her?
Probable Reason: Because I didn't have milk the first week and didn't know how to hold her properly, we bottlefed her the first few weeks. Also my C-section incision was hurting. I don't know if she has gotten used to the bottle. Is it too late now to try and teach her to nurse?
2) Will refrigerated breastmilk give my baby gas? Afterall, it's cold, then heated again, not like fresh from the breast.
3) It is hard to burp my baby. We would pat her back for 20 minutes of so without success. What is the best position and how to do it correctly? How long should we do it?
4) My baby has dry skin on her forehead. Can I use the baby oil to rub it?
5) What sort of activities can I play with my 5 week old baby to stimulate her? I put on soothing music, talk and read stories and sometimes hold some picture cards for her to see.
That's all for now. Please feel free to email me your answers as well: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your advice is much appreciated. Once again, what a lucky group of people you are to have a support group like this. I wish we have something like this in Kuala Lumpur.