Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby won't take bottle...Suggestions?

Default Baby won't take bottle...Suggestions?

My Baby is 5 months and I've gone back to work. So Grandma feeds her cereal for breakfast and Gerber food for lunch and she tries the bottle inbetween. But I feed her when I get home at 3pm. I am afraid she is losing weight.

Default Re: Baby won't take bottle...Suggestions?

Hello! You are worried your baby is not getting enough?

Can you give an example of a daily diet? When she eats, what she eats and amount, if possible? Do you know how much she weighs?

This link on "How much expressed milk will my baby need" states the following:

The research tells us that exclusively breastfed babies take in an average of 25 oz (750 mL) per day between the ages of 1 month and 6 months. Different babies take in different amounts of milk; a typical range of milk intakes is 19-30 oz per day (570-900 mL per day).
    Please see if this page helps you. Do you have a doctor to call and speak about this situation?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Can you make the ceral with ebm? rice ceral has very few calories and sort of acts like a filer. I'd try a sippy cup, or a syringe, for milk.

I totally understand your concern. My little one also refuses a bottle, sippy cup and anything else thats not me. I attempted to go back to work when she was 4 months (7p-7a) but it did not work out. She would cry all night for my husband and he even tried bringing her to me at 11p so i could feed her hoping she would go down for the night after that feeding but by the time he got home she was screaming again. Needless to say i only lasted 2 weeks back at work. Thank god my employer was very understanding and allowed me to take another leave. We are now consistently trying to get her on a schedule as well as a bottle so i can return to work. We also tried feeding her cereal which would hold her over for a little but not long enough.
    Like you, i was also concerned she was losing weight. She is very small to begin with (4th percentile for weight) and because i work 12 hour shifts (i am a nurse) it was just too long for her to go with out eating.
    Good luck with your little one, stay positive and keep trying the bottle! Eventually it will work!!