Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby won't take bottle...Suggestions?

Unhappy Baby won't take bottle...Suggestions?

My baby is 5 months and she won't take the bottle and I have gone back to work. Grandma feeds her cereal for breakfa and Gerber food for Lunch. I nurse her when she gets home at 3:30. Is this ok?
    Last edited by Sophia Ruvalcaba; January 31st, 2007 at 10:04 PM.

Default Re: Baby won't take bottle...Suggestions?

oh
    Last edited by Sophia Ruvalcaba; January 31st, 2007 at 10:49 PM.

What should I do

You might get better replies in the Infant or Newborn section, this is to suggest new topic ideas....

http://forums.llli.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8

http://forums.llli.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Have you tried different types of bottles or niples? My LO likes the BreastFlow by the First Years bottles and the Dr. Brown's Bottles. She will take both types from DH and the DCP but will only take the breastflow bottles from me. We use a size 1 nipple so it is a slowflow.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Sorry NAK

My DS refuses to take the bottle, though we did introduce it to him from day one, we then stopped all bottles when he was about 2 months old. I did not realize that there is a critical period when you should introduce it or it makes it hard later. So far what we do is when I am at work (only gone for about 5 hours), DH gives DS bottle of EBM to chew on. He does not suck on it. he also likes to spoon feed. Sorry not much help. hope someone can chime in with better suggestions.

I did reply to the other thread you created - but I'll ask a question here as well - how long are you away from her?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Pellegirl is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I agree with Marymud, my dd did not grasp the concept of the bottle until we went through a bunch of them. We finally tried the Breastflow from First years and she took to it naturally. I understand the bottle and nipple were designed with Lactation consultants to more mimic breast feeding. She actually became a better nurser as a result. We found the Breastflow at BabiesRUs.
    HTH
    Melissa