Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New Beginnings needs YOUR stories!

Arrow New Beginnings needs YOUR stories!

We need your stories!

NEW BEGINNINGS needs personal stories from breastfeeding mothers about the normal course of breastfeeding. Tell us what helped you cope with challenges such as sore nipples, plugged ducts, frequent nursing, colic, premature birth, fatigue, or a baby with a chronic health problem. Describe how you breastfed while being treated for a chronic condition such as diabetes or high blood pressure. Write about your experience with breastfeeding a child older than one year or using loving guidance with your preschooler or older child.

Personal stories should be between 600 and 1000 words. Strike a balance between describing details and sharing your feelings about your experience. Color photos of your child and/or family add to the appeal of these stories. If your submission is selected for publication, all rights are assigned to LLLI and you will receive two complimentary copies of the issue in which your submission appears. Stories may be mailed to:

NEW BEGINNINGS
    LLLI
    PO Box 4079
    Schaumburg, IL 60168-4079

Or email to the Managing Editor via our contact us page. Choose the publications option.

Please include your full name and mailing address with email correspondence.

Default Re: New Beginnings needs YOUR stories!

bump.

Could this story be a letter to my daughter who just weaned? Or would I have to re-word it all?
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

I believe so. If you want more information, please email the editor and she will be able to assist you.

Thanks!

bumpity bump!