Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is my milk good?

Default Is my milk good?

I've read that some mothers scald there milk and other talk about too much fore milk vs. hind milk. How can I tell the difference between fore milk and hind? Also, how do I know if my milk is good.

Unrelated question: My baby's poops is yellowish/green. Is this normal? Sometimes it's watery and other times it's not.

Default Re: Is my milk good?

Quote Originally Posted by ielarran View Post
    I've read that some mothers scald there milk and other talk about too much fore milk vs. hind milk. How can I tell the difference between fore milk and hind? Also, how do I know if my milk is good.

Unrelated question: My baby's poops is yellowish/green. Is this normal? Sometimes it's watery and other times it's not.
    If I remember corectly...regarding your milk - you can tell after it has separated, which is which. Scalding, again if I recall past threads, is for lipase issues.

What do you mean by good?

Oh and ... variation in poo color is normal
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I guess what I mean is how do I know if I have lipase issues? I really don't know what that is but as I write this I'm talking about the quality of the milk. Am I making sense?

Your milk is the perfect food for your baby.

If you're worried that excess lipase may be a concern for you, do consider doing some test batches of ebm in the freezer. Here is some info: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/l...essedmilk.html

All mothers have hindmilk. All mothers have times that there will seem to be more foremilk than hindmilk in their ebm. This is just the normal variation, and it is related to how full the breast was, how long it's been since the last feeding/pumping, and how well the breast was "emptied". Here is some helpful info:
    www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/milkproduction.html

thanks!