Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mastitis and have lost supply.. help

Default Mastitis and have lost supply.. help

Hello! I have a 4 week old son and we both developed thrush first and then I developed Mastitis. I have been in a ton of pain. I stopped nursing and pumped last on Saturday. I am feeling much better and I would love to start nursing again. I know I have some milk because I still leak quite a bit. Am I too late? My supply was low to begin with, and I am not sure what I can do to get it back up again. any suggestions would be great! I stopped nursing my 20 month old at 2 1/2 weeks because of the same reasons and I really want to continue longer with my son! HELP!

Default Re: Mastitis and have lost supply.. help

Hi there and welcome to the forum! I'd purchase some Fenugreek root if I was you, and take two capsules every 6 hours (thats what worked for me). It will help build up your supply. Then either put your baby on the breast or pump every two hours. Let us know if you have any difficulties! Good luck!

Pellegirl is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Mastitis and have lost supply.. help

I agree with the pp but you can also try Mother's milk tea. If you are really having a hard time bringing up your supply with the herbs, nursing frequently and pumping you can always talk to your doctor or ped about Reglan but I would try the natural remedies first. Hang in there.

Melissa