Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!

Default Re: Help!

You know - i feel ya!

I finaly realized I was aiding it in some ways by not giving her to anyone - I mean, hundreds of bf babies have babysitters...lol.

I found her best time of day - and gave her to hubby then, gavce him a bottle and walked away.... and eventually they worked it out.

My main motivation for that? Well - I saw the look on his face when she would cry and cry and then stop when i took her back seconds later. He felt helpless and i knew it was time we figured soemthing out.

Your cleaning will hold - but your mental sanity might not. Use the DVDs she'll watch - those baby einstein ones are the only reason my familyhas clean clothes to wear..lol

Oh boy.... been there, done that, and have had days where I cried a lot (or wanted to). I always remind myself that this season in life is so short. Before I know it, my dd will be crawling and walking all around and I'll wish to have her in my arms again.
    I have a 13 yob, 10 yog and 4 month old! Believe me they grow up SO FAST and these wonderful, and at times, difficult months, will seem like a vapor in time. You won't remember how clean or dirty your house was, if your laundry was done, or even if you got your shower, but you will ALWAYS remember the precious time you spent with your baby.
    You're not alone! Hang in there mom!!!
    Tracy

Wink Re: Help!

I am right there with ya too! My ds is just over three months. Letting it wait . . . easier said than done for some of us teetering on OCD I agree w/ whomever said their little one was sent to teach them a lesson. I have learned how to sit for more than 20 or 30 minutes (my ds nurses for an hour at a time), how to go days w/o a shower, and how not to wash my hair w/ every shower (neeeeever could do that before but long hair is tough!). HOWEVER! I had to go, couldn't sit so ... I purchased a sling and it is great. I like it better that the front carriers because I can nurse my little one while folding laundry, making dinner, sweeping, vacuuming and oh so much more! So, maybe give a sling a try. I am using the SlingEeze. There are many out there, and many people recommend the Maya (???) but the SlingEeze seemed to get great reviews for bf - as well.

Also, I am trying to stick to my new whirlwind cleaningtheory: be very analytical and do as much as you can in one big sweep. - no going backwards, just one big circle. I just keep repeating that circular sweeping action each time I get a chance. It makes me plan when I am sitting nursing or playing w/ Nicholas. I even tell him my plan of attack so I vocalize my plan and it helps me stick to it. It's crazy but it has become kind of fun, like my own little contest with myself, seeing how efficiently and quickly I can cruise through a room(s) and keep it all organized

Is your dh receptive to lists??? When I can't go any longer and have to conceed to sleeping, I leave a short list of things for my dh. (Only leave a list if you have talked it over so you don't freak him out!) Not to mention, I explain to him every week or two that my brain just can't function when things are in disarray. He laughes, but after 16 years, is beginning to realize I truly can't function and turn into a stammering rainman until things are nicely organized and clean.

Hope this helps!
    Di

I've been having the same problem with my 3 month old - finally I called my mom (who works 5 minutes from my house) and she's been taking him out in his stroller for a quick walk on her lunch break, and she took him out for an hour on friday night. She has a thick enough skin to let him scream a while, and eventually he just stops, or gets distracted by whatever's going on.

Where did you find the one step ahead bottles? I desperately need to find a bottle for dd to use that is like the breast. I have looked for that bottle but have had no success in finding it. Maybe I just over looked it?

have you tried the adiri bottle - it can be found online by googling adiri

Smile Re: Help!

I remember those days too, still have them occasionally but not as often now that ds is almost 6 months. It will get better. I have never seen a mother have to carry her child off to college

I'm surprised that only one woman brought up asking husband for help. I certainly prefer to do things myself because than they will be done right...LOL. When my husband came home and found me in near tears because I felt the house was a mess, he made me really look around and realize that it wasn't that bad. Then he asked me what he could do to help and I gave in and just asked him to do a few things. I felt much better even if I didn't do it myself.

As for the showering thing. I have a bouncy type activity chair. One that I pretty much only use when I shower. I strap him in and he loves the toys because it is the only time he ever gets to play with them. If he gets fussy I play peak-a-boo around the shower curtain a few times to settle him. Another option I use is that when he needs a bath I get in with him. I set up the same chair next to the tub with a towel in it, place him in it only wearing a diaper, I get into the tub then bring him in with me. Once he is clean, I wrap him in the towel in the bouncy chair and wash my hair or body quickly. He is close enough to touch if he is fussy and I still get clean.

Hope that helps.