Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Do Ameda kits (tubing) fit Medela pumps?

Default Do Ameda kits (tubing) fit Medela pumps?

I just picked up my pump from WIC, a Medela Lactina Select. They gave me an Ameda Hygienikit with it, and it doesn't have the piston part at all. Will this work? I haven't tried it yet because we've got thrush, and I didn't want to deal with disinfecting it all, so I was going to wait until next week. But do I need to go back for more parts?
    Tammy in MO

Default Re: Do Ameda kits (tubing) fit Medela pumps?

Yes, call the office. Your Lactina needs a piston to work.

how do you go about getting the pump from WIC? And how long do they allow you to keep using it?

We are on WIC, have been since I stopped working while pregnant. I found out about it from the BF class at the hospital, actually. So I asked while I was there, and they said yeah, they had them, but nobody FROM WIC ever told me about them . They loan them out free here, for as long as you need it. I'm sure other places with higher demand have time limits. The BF class at the hosp also said you can sometimes buy pumps from them if you aren't in the program at a highly reduced rate from retail. So definitely call your local WIC office and find out! Saved us $300 from the PIS I was going to buy, and I got a hospital grade pump too!
    Tammy in MO