Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: "Recipes" for making baby food??

Default "Recipes" for making baby food??

Does anyone have any "recipes" for making baby food that you'd like to share? Perhaps there is a section here that I just have not found...if not, that would be a good idea to incorporate that into the LLL site.

I know it sounds funny, a recipe for baby food, but I would like to know more specifics on it...such as types of apples that work best, type of potato (I tried microwaving a red potato and it was too grainy in texture for him...I tasted it and I didn't like it either!! ) I don't eat mashed potatoes, and since I don't make them, I don't know how to make a small portion for him with the right consistency and texture.

I made organic carrots and also squash and froze them and he doesn't eat either of them...but he eats Gerber carrots!! Go figure!! I steamed them, then used a hand blender and mixed in lots of EBM. I don't think I did anything wrong...he just refuses them.

Any thoughts or recipes would be awesome.
    thanks in advance,
    Lori

Default Re: "Recipes" for making baby food??

I swear by this site

www.wholesomebabyfood.com

I've made all of my babyfood from this site. It has a lot of helpful information and this being my first child I really appreciated the fact that it's super easy. I joke by saying they kind of "dumbed down" the instructions because they knew I was coming. HTH.

how old is your baby..
    some wait untill they are older and will refuse any foods that are mushed up and go right to eating table foods.
    try not to stress about baby foods!

He's one week shy of 7 months. He enjoys his cereal and is definitely hungry for solids. He does well with it.

marie1965 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I haven't done any baby foods as far as purees or smashing things, except for the first 2 weeks when we were making sure her swallowing was all good and she wanted to eat... I didn't do the official baby led approach either, in that I didn't just hand my baby a whole pear to see what she'd do with it. I've seen all those pictures and heard all the success stories; it just freaked me out a little.

I just cut things into bite sized pieces and let her pick them up and eat them off her tray... pea sized bites of steamed apples or pears (really ripe pear does not need to be steamed) or bananas or carrots or sweet potato etc etc etc. She eats most of her food that way. She does yogurt, oatmeal and rice off a spoon. She eats O's and Chex by picking them up and they dissolve pretty well in her mouth. She's been eating this way since 6 months. The hard cereals since 7 months.