Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My boob man...

Cool My boob man...

My 10 month old will only eat about 3 or 4 bites of solids a day. I feed him at dinner w/ us, about an hour after he has nursed. He usually nurses every hour or so, so that is when he logically should be getting hungry. He'll eat cheerios for fun but is so not impressed w/ anything else. Am I doing something wrong or will he one day decide he's ready and chow down?

Janine

Default Re: My boob man...

My man is 7 1/2 months old and refuses all solids on most days. I'm not worried, I think in time they will come around. Keep offering!
    -Lisa

Your baby will let you know when he needs more. It sounds like you are doing a great job -- breastmilk is better for him than anything else you could possibly give him.

You're doing great!

In my experience, he will eat more food when he is ready! Eventually he won't be able to resist grabbing a bite or two off your plate for a taste. Until then, you can offer, but he is really getting all he needs from you, as long as he is growing and making wet/poopy diapers!

Thanks,I get such horrible advice from my pediatrician. Luckily my mom was a LLL leader when I was growing up so I know better. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something I was doing. I really don't mind it, think of all the $$$ I'm saving and it is so much easier when we are out and about.

Janine and Dylan

Smile Re: My boob man...

You know what? Sounds to me you're doing a great job! You're giving your baby the most important thing... nutrition! If he's gaining weight properly, wetting and pooping plenty, then why worry so much? I've always heard that giving solids under the age of one is more of an experiment any way.

Just keep up the good work.