Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Difference between hospital grade and personal electric pumps??

Default Difference between hospital grade and personal electric pumps??

I am currently using an Ameda elite hospital grade pump which I am loaning from the WIC office. I want to buy a personal electric pump, but was wondering if there is a difference between these and hospital grade. Are hospital grade pumps any better, or quicker??

Default Re: Difference between hospital grade and personal electric pumps??

My LLL leader told me just to get a good quality pump - when I asked what that meant, she said Ameda, Medela or Avent. I ended up getting an Avent system and when I researched it, the company said it had a hospital grade motor. I LOVE my Avent pump - it's easy to use, comfortable and I have never had any problems whatsoever. Just FYI. I know that doesn't exactly answer your question, but thought it might give you some food for thought.

Roxy

Default Re: Difference between hospital grade and personal electric pumps??

Yes, hospital grade pumps are SO much better. I rented one for several months with my first munchkin, then used my medela, which worked really great for about a year and a half. It was a double pump medela,but not the pump in style. I had such a great experience with medela, that I purchased another double breast pump for my new little one and have had nothing but problems...the good thing is that medela is very supportive and have been trying to help me trouble shoot. I had gotten the first pump on sale for $30 from $150 and paid full price for this crappy one ($130). Go figure. I still love Medela b/c they are so helpful, but it is frustrating at times. hope that gave a bit of insight, however contradictory it may have been! ---Devon