Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Delightful Surprises!

Default Delightful Surprises!

Not sure if maybe I am behind on this or what...but with winter raging out of control, my lips have been crazy chapped. Nothing was working. I was going nuts...then when applying some nipple cream I began to think...nipple cream is for sore, dry, cracked, chapped nipples...why not lips? I checked to make sure that I could put it on my lips...I applied my Palmer's Coconut Butter Nipple Cream to my lips and within seconds...sweet relief!! So to any of you are are experiencing the same problems with your lips...this is a great solution...plus my LO gets split lips while he sleeps, as he is a mouth breather and the air in our home is dry...the nipple cream is great for split lips as well and he LOVES the taste. Tee hee... Hope this helps someone!

Default Re: Delightful Surprises!

I had a similar experience! I found that Lansinoh does wonders for a red, chapped nose from a cold. It went away very quickly.

And we love lansinoh on Haylee's dry cheeks...we started using it a few weeks ago instead of aquafor and it works soooo much better, and is natural, not petroleum based. Its wonderful. And breastmilk is wonderful for healing cuts and scratches too...haylee got a little scratch on her face and i applied a little breastmilk after every time we nursed and it healed within days!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Quote Originally Posted by epbrown View Post
    And we love lansinoh on Haylee's dry cheeks...we started using it a few weeks ago instead of aquafor and it works soooo much better, and is natural, not petroleum based. Its wonderful. And breastmilk is wonderful for healing cuts and scratches too...haylee got a little scratch on her face and i applied a little breastmilk after every time we nursed and it healed within days!
    I have never heard that one before! Now that is something I might have to try. Garrett loves getting chapstick or now nipple cream put on his lips, but he licks it right off. I might have to try a little breast milk instead...at least with that I will know that he is definately getting something good out of it.

Oh my gosh what a great idea! I get terrible cracked lips (I chew my lips when I'm bored or nervous) and I've tried every lip balm under the sun to heal them. I'll have to try some lansinoh on them tonight. I try to do something heavier at night because I figure I won't be licking/chewing on them while I sleep (or maybe I am and that's why they don't heal?)!