Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Where can I find 3-oz bottles?

Default Where can I find 3-oz bottles?

My daughter-in-law will be going on her first business trip since her 10-month-old was born. Because of the airlines' new rules, she needs to find 3 oz. bottles to put her milk into so she can carry it back on the plane. Can anyone tell me where she can get these odd-sized bottles? She will be gone for four days and would prefer not to pump and dump.

Thanks for your help!
    Grandma

Default Re: Where can I find 3-oz bottles?

Most bottles that are small are made for four ounces, but I think she could just fill them to the 3 oz. line per bottle. HTH
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

When you fly with a baby you can take any amt of liquid on a plane. Should she be flying sans baby, she can use 4oz bottles with 3oz of milk in them. You can take 1 quart sized ziploc filled with 3 oz containers. You can get 2 oz bottles at ross home delivery.com. I might try filling the ziploc with the 2 oz bottles they are small and she wouldn't waste space. BUT it does say there are no limits when it comes to baby formula or BM. Check on your airlines web site. HTH
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

You might mention to your dil that Gerber makes a preemie nurser that is 2.5 ounces.

You guys have blown me away with your quick and helpful responses! I have forwarded them to my daughter-in-law. She'll be so surprised when she gets to work tomorrow morning and reads them!

My younger "baby" is now almost 28 so it's been a long time since I was a member of La Leche League. It's so nice to know that LLL members are still as wonderful as they were back in 1976 when my first baby was born and I was struggling with breastfeeding. I was determined that I wasn't one of the one percent of women who couldn't breastfeed! Thanks to a great group in Lexington, MA, I mastered the art!

BTW, I still have a heart-shaped key ring that I used as a zipper pull on my children's jackets that says, "Breast fed is best fed." I cherish it.

A big "thank you" and a hug of support goes out to those of you who took the time to respond!

Fondly,
    Grandma