Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grunting and groaning after feeding???

Default Re: Grunting and groaning after feeding???

I have a 3 1/2 week old little boy and he not only grunts after a feeding, but when he is lightly sleeping. I am glad to know that I am not the only one - I was constantly worried that there was something very wrong. I could not sleep because of this.

My doc said partly due to the larynx not quite developed as well. I suppose we just have to wait to grow out of this. I did not realize that so many babies were noisy sleepers - it was quite shocking to me.

Hopefully soon I will learn to not worry quite so much and just wait it out.

Default Re: Grunting and groaning after feeding???

My baby was born if February so he is probably about the same age as yours now and he still groans and grunts every night after his 3am feeding. Usually it will get worse at around 4:30am and he needs to be picked up and soothed - which means pretty much no sleep after 3am. Every night i think this will be the night that he stops .. but no such luck. Is your baby still going at it at 3 1/2 months? We have switched to soy formula, i have tried gripe water and mylicon... but the grunting still continues.