Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers

Default Diapers

My LO is 8 wks. now and starting to sleep longer at night. The problem - we co-sleep and she keeps wetting my bed! She's in size 1's now (about 10 lbs.) and we've been using Huggies since she switched from newborns. Anyone have the same problem with leaking? I don't want to spend a small fortune buying all the other diapers to find ones that'll do. Anyone have a preference in diapers?

Default Re: Diapers

I have the same problem with my 5 month old. I was changing my sheets daily! I started using these things called diaper doublers (sp?). They look like a maxi pad and you put them inside the diaper. We haven't had a problem since then. I have tried all the diapers out there. I know huggies makes a diaper for at night, but I think only in the larger sizes. I think the doublers are from Albertsons.

When we were still using disposables at that age, we had the same problem with Huggies. The Pampers Swaddlers were the only ones that worked for us. HTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Evin View Post
    When we were still using disposables at that age, we had the same problem with Huggies. The Pampers Swaddlers were the only ones that worked for us. HTH!
    I second the Swaddlers! We went from Swaddlers to Pampers Easy Dry and back to Swaddlers right away. WAY less leaks. We bought the super huge box!

Lyn

i agree with the pps. swaddlers worked great for us! now dd is 8 months and she's using size 3 pampers cruisers, and these are great, too. we sometimes use the costco brand (kirkland) size 3s. i think they are comparable to huggies...both work great for us.
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

Here here on the swaddlers! We tried other size one's and they always leaked!! My LO is 4 weeks (10 lbs) and swaddlers are all we use!

I prefer Luv's diapers. I haven't yet had any problems with leaks and they are not that $$$
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

Swaddlers! Also, go up one size- that's a trick I've been using on Aaron for a while. If you're able to go up a size, it gets up around the baby's belly and sides more. Aaron normally wears a size 4 but I give him 5's at night. HTH!

Swaddlers all the way... They have an inbetween diaper too.. it is called a 1-2. I have an 8 wo now with same issue and I found these to be the key! They are not a 1 but not a 2.. They work great! I got them at Sam's Club 196 count for $35.

We have found the White Cloud from Wal-mart to be more absorbant than Huggies (and a lot cheaper).