Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump not working

Default Pump not working

I have a Medela PIS that was my sisternlaws. She used the pump for 2 years & the pump is 4 1/2yrs old now. Today when I went to pump it was not working right....the suction was not very strong & it was really slow.
    Does any one know how long the Medela PIS pump is good for?

Default Re: Pump not working

That would depend on the wear and tear on the motor. That being said, have you checked all the valves? It could be something simple.

I checked the valves & everything else. I took it all apart & put it back together , and it still is just not working right.

I am sorry to hear your pump isn't working right. When my PIS sudddenly dropped suction it was because the little white flap at the end where the milk goes into the bottle wasn't as attached as it could be. Sorry this isn't more helpful--I know you checked all that already.

Hi - I had a used PIS too. My friend used it a LOT for about 18 months with her first. It seemed to work ok, but I noticed my supply dropping a bit, plus I'm planning to have more kids, so I decided to splurge on a new PIS-Advanced. WOW. I immediately got about 2-3x more milk at each pumping session. Wish I'd done it sooner. I think the lifespan depends on how often they're used. Mine was used 3-4x every day fora bout 12-18 months. Then 3-4x every day for 2 months for me. So I think I hit the end of the road on that one.