Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Will not nap

Default Will not nap

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, since the Sleep or Lack of it section is gone.

My dd is 3 months old and for the past week is just REFUSING to nap. She's beyond tired and just continually fighting sleep. I've tried her swing/rocking her/walking with her/holding her/feeding her etc etc etc but nothing is working. She'll fall asleep for maybe 10 minutes at best and then wake up fussing. She's not gassy or sick in any way. She's also not hungry. I just dont understand why she's suddenly refusing to nap. Because she is soooo worn out by the end of the day she wont take a bath (screams her head off) and has a meltdown by about 7pm. I'm putting her to sleep earlier because of this, but it isnt making any difference. HELP!
    My patience is just running so thin because I'm only getting minimal hours of sleep anyhow, and having to deal with a super cranky baby all day isnt helping.

Default Re: Will not nap

Hey- I moved this post to the correct section! I must have missed it initially!

I could have written this post. My DS is four months old now, and he may not live until 5. Or I won't. Either way, ONE of us has to get more sleep.

DH got so fed up last night that he put our LO in his going out jumper, packed him into the car seat and informed me we were all going shopping. "Get your wrap." DS was asleep before we got to the computer store, and slept in the wrap all the way through the bookstore, and home, and in the car seat for another little while because we were terrified to try and move him. But DH finally gave in and took him out to put his PJs on. He woke up mad, nursed, went right back to sleep, barely woke up to take his medicine.

I'm not sure that will help you, but mine seems to NEED to get out of the house in the evenings, or he's just a pill the rest of the night.

And what happened to the baby that slept nice and soundly when he WAS asleep in bed with us? This on twists and turns and moves all over. But he doesn't want to lie on his back, so he's doing this on my chest! I'm wiped out, I tell you.

to you.

My girl has had several problems since birth... and I took her to the Doctor for each one!!!

1. acid reflux

2. increase sinus drainage in her nose

3. Gas

4. Constipation

All of these problems can and did cause sleep problems for my girl. Each are getting better now, but I was never afraid to put a little karo on her passy.