Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping after Feeding

Default Pumping after Feeding

I would like to pump after my son is finished nursing. How long do I have to wait to pump? The the breast truly empty out after nursing?

Default Re: Pumping after Feeding

I sometimes pump after my DD has been eating. Mostly because her feeding is so unpredictable some days she like to eat 10 minutes each side and some she only wants to eat 5 minutes on one side. So i do it just so I don't lose my supply. But the breast are never truely empty. Even while you are bfing your body continues to make milk. So I say go ahead and have at it!!

How do you manage to pump after each feeding? My lo likes to be held after feeding and I am hard pressed to find time to pump except when he naps.

when i use my electric pump after nursing my lo i have no luck...however if i manually express after nursing, i have success. don't be discouraged if you do not have great results with your pump, there is still more to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyTuna View Post
    I would like to pump after my son is finished nursing. How long do I have to wait to pump? The the breast truly empty out after nursing?
    Immediately is great, that way your body can't tell the difference between your baby and the pump. An LLL Moderator said that there is 25% left in the breast even when it feels like a flat tire, plus every second the breast is making more. There is no truely empty, sometimes its hard to trick your let down into happening with out a baby helping.