Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: lime green poop?? Help!

Default lime green poop?? Help!

My 10-month old is still exclusively bf (we've tried solids occasionally, but he's not interested, and has barely digested any, and none in the past week.). Today, his diaper was a mix of yellow and bright-lime-green poop. It was not a natural color. This is my second baby, and I've never seen anything like this before. It was not the dark green diarhea color. I don't think he got into anything. He has a bit of a cold, but otherwise seems to feel fine.

Now, the cloth diaper produced a lot of suds when we rinsed it out. This happened to a couple of other diapers, this week too. I think that between dh and I one load of diapers missed a rinse cycle. So, could the bright green be urine or poop interacting with the detergent residue left on the diaper?

Or should I be really concerned?

Default Re: lime green poop?? Help!

I really don`t have much of an answer for you, I`m a first-time mommy. But my guess is if he has no other symptoms he must be fine. I would give it some more time and see if the same kind of poop shows up again. The soap residue could probably create that weird color. Did it smell any different?

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot

http://www.drjaygordon.com/developme...ricks/poop.asp
    Here is a good poop link...sorry so short...NAK and sleepy
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Thanks. He has been fine, so I think it was just a reaction to the detergent on the diapers. I was just freaking out briefly!