Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: painful tingle

Default Re: painful tingle

Yep sounds like letdown!

Here's an article on thrush. I doubt that you have it, but you can read through it just to be sure
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/thrush.html

Hugs
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

11girl is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I didn't really feel the let down until after I pumped for the first (and only) time. Ever since then I have had a strong, almost painful tingle during letdown..

Quote Originally Posted by BabyNemo View Post
    i think it might just be the let down of my milk....because today before i got in the shower i felt the tingeling again and looked down and my boobs were leaking like a faucet.... ive always had on overload of milk so hopfully thats all it is. i really pray that its not thrush it seems like its a lot of work to get rid of and i already feel so busy....thank you everyone for the information it was a lot of help.
    yes, this is what I was going to tell you
    I have that same painful letdown between feeds (ouch!) I didn't realize what it was at first until I had my shirt off when it happened and realized I started spraying milk. It has gotten slightly less painful now, but it still hurts.

P.S. I'm in Madison