Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do I feed DD apples?

Default How do I feed DD apples?

I am just starting to give my DD (six months old) her first foods this week, starting with avocado. I was wondering about apples....when do you introduce them and how do you cut them if you use the baby-led approach?

Default Re: How do I feed DD apples?

We waited until he was 7 and 1/2 months and was showing "real" interest and had the cheerio dexterity down... the we cut just like you would imagine apple slices only much THINNER as to get little hands around! There's a built in handle in apple slices, they are great for teething and NOT very messy! We LOVE apples. (But he's picky. He only like the Granny Smith ones.)

Good luck!

Way too lazy for formula

We cook them down some and cut them into strips so they mush in the mouth easier. I give her the water I cooked them in in her sippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia'sMom View Post
    We cook them down some and cut them into strips so they mush in the mouth easier. I give her the water I cooked them in in her sippy.
    Ooohhh, that's a really good idea, giving her the water...you're a smart cookie! I'm going to do that!

My DS loved grabbing onto a whole apple that I was eating before he had teeth and sort of gum it. Now that he has one tooth on top and two on the bottom he scrapes off pieces of apple. We also cut up like pp mentioned but he loves gaining control of my apple

We just started giving him whole fruits. Whole apples and whole plums He's likes that but I wasn't brave enough to give those to him when he was 7months!

Way too lazy for formula