Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: for those of you pumping 3x/day at work...

Default for those of you pumping 3x/day at work...

…when did you drop down to 2 pump sessions a day at work? dd is now 8 months old, and I’ve been pumping 3x a day at work for the last 6 months…and to be completely honest, I’m getting tired of it. I’m pumping at night (again) before I go to sleep because dd is now sleeping through the night.

any thoughts, advice?
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

Default Re: for those of you pumping 3x/day at work...

I dropped the 3rd pumping at work a month ago, when DD was 7 mo old. So right now I pump at around 11:30 and then at 4.
    I am pumping 3-4 times a day total - once beofre I go to work, 2 times at work and once before I go to bed. However in the last week or so I've been getting rid of the first pumping session, depending on how well my LO eats before I leave for work.
    I pump anywhere between 5 to 10oz more than she eats per day. I can't donate becaue I've lived in Europe (no idea why that's a no-no) and I hate to freeze because I need to scald due to high lipase in my milk So I pretty much throw away milk every other day

Are you meeting your LO's demands by pumping 4 times total?
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by borislava View Post
    Are you meeting your LO's demands by pumping 4 times total?
    no, i'm not...i've been supplementing with formula since dd was about 3.5 months old when i had to thrash 24 4oz bottles of frozen BM due to thrush. so dd gets 1 bottle of formula a day. i send 4 bottles with dd to my sister's house...3 6.5oz bottles of BM and 1 empty bottle for formula (5-6oz). i'm not sure if i'll ever be able to not supplement with formula since i can't seem to pump enough to meet her needs.
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

I dropped the third session about a month ago, when my son was 10 months. I think I will go to one in about a week. He will then be 11 1/2 months by then.