Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is she getting enough?

Default is she getting enough?

I think my daughter is getting enough to drink. But about 2 1/2 months ago my doctor put me on a high dose birth control because i couldnt start my period...and I was having bad cramps. Anyways she told me right then and there that it WOULD NOT effect my milkl supply. Well.....it did. My milk almost dried up. I contacted a women from la leche leage and she told me not to pump...just breastfed my daughter every hour if possible...well I did. My milk is still there, I have let down. At first I didnt have letdown for like 3-4 days. But I have it pretty much every feeding now. But I used to have to wear pads all the time because I leaked. I still leak...maybe once a week...I dont know if its just because my breasts have gotten used to all the milk..and they never really feel full...and they used to befor I got put on the BC. But then again I heard that once your breasts get used to all the milk then they dont feel that full...but they are...I dont know. My daughter is almost 9 months old. Shes very happy...she has plenty of wet dipers, about 6-8 a day. I was just wondering if I should worry at all...oh and my daughter was 7 pounds 1 once when she was born...shes 17 pounds 6 onces now. And normally only eats 2 solid meals a day...sometimes 1 depending on if she wants it or not...but shes gained good....and is there anything I can ge to increase my milk? I've tried the "Mother's Milk" when my supply dropped because of the BC...I think it worked but it tastes pretty gross...

Default Re: is she getting enough?

5-6 wet disposables signafies enough fluids. 2-3 poops and all is well. hth

Hi there,
    It is wonderful that you sought out a local LLLL to ask your questions.

Good for you that you were able to perservere and bring back your supply!

Is dd taking any other supplements besides the one or two solid meals a day?
    Have you been in contact with her ped. lately? Are they concerned at all about her health/growth?

Sounds like things are on track for you, but I will check back for the answers to these questions...

Shes having atleast 7-8 wet diapers a day. Poop, that verys. Normally....2...sometimes 1....And no shes just eating the 2 solid meals...and breastfeeding. We saw her ped. about a week ago for a diaper rash and shes gaining weight fine...shes gained over 10 pounds since birth. shes almost 9 months. And shes grown almost 5 1/2 inches since birth. I think shes fine in that department...