Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Trouble sleeping

Unhappy Trouble sleeping

I go back to work tomorrow, I am getting anxious and upset/ Fortunately DH will be with the baby but I still can't shake these feelings and I am having trouble sleeping. Anyone know if it is safe to take a tylenol PM and BF or any suggestions on how to sleep. DS sleeps fine it's me who is having trouble!

Default Re: Trouble sleeping

what are the ingredients... most things are considered "safe" I just want to get you a proper link

Oh and

ETA: This link is to a reputable non LLL site at Kellymoms.com. It's a short list of AAP approved meds. Its set to antihistamines as that is generally what is in "PM" types of meds.

Here is a link to cold meds which lists more antihistamines...

Good luck - go to bed!
    Last edited by Number3; January 23rd, 2007 at 02:40 AM. Reason: ETA links
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Not really sure, have to pick some up. Perhaps a glass of wine would be better right before bed?! Man I am dreading this!

wine sounds like a nice idea to me...
    Be honest with your hubby also, that will help.
    How does he feal about you working?

Well we are moving in a few months, basically whenever our house sells, DH will then work and I will work PT but for now I have no choice b/c I have the benefits.

I know how you feel. Not only do I not sleep before I have to go to work, I think my kiddo senses my anxiety and he doesn't sleep, either. Tylenol PM has acetaminophen (tylenol) and 25mg dyphenhydramine ?spell? (benadryl.) Both are safe for BFing, but like all antihistamines, I wouldn't reccomend using them too frequently, especially if you are just establishing nursing, because they are made to help dry up secretions. One or two a night shouldn't hurt if you need it, though.
    Also, if you are cosleeping, until you know how you will respond, I would put your baby in a bassinet beside the bed. 2 tylenol pm (or benadryl) can really sock some people out. Taking one may be enough.
    Hope this helps. Good luck and sweet dreams!