Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YoBaby Organic Yogurt

Default YoBaby Organic Yogurt

Natalie's 6 and a half months now and so far she's had bananas twice and a bit of a sweet potatoe. She doesn't quite get the idea yet so I'm not pushing it on her and instead am just focusing on having fun and trying new things with her.

I want to try the baby yogurt with her, but when I checked it out at Wal-Mart tonight the package said that it's made with whole milk. Is it okay to give it to her?
    ~Proud AP Mama To Natalie Ann *7/9/06* & Isabella Faith *7/6/09*~

Default Re: YoBaby Organic Yogurt

the vegan in me wants to say NEVER give a baby dairy products

but it's okay to give yogurt with whole milk to a baby over the age of 6 months.

the reason that cow's milk is to be avoided during a baby's first year is because milk's high protein content is hard to digest and difficult on a baby's kidneys.

however, the cultures found in yogurt help digest casein (one of the proteins) making it okay for babies over 6 months old.

I would hold off n this yougurt until after the year point. There is just no way around the 17grams of sugar in each little container!!

Way too lazy for formula

we have given him the Stoneyfield Farm whole milk organic yogurt with some fruit mixed in. The yobaby has a LOT of sugar in it. he's had them every once in a while for a treat or when he goes to the church nursery sometimes...but we generally try to stick with the plain stuff and fruit/oats added in.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Thanks for the advice and the heads up on the sugar, Ladies I think we'll opt for the plain stuff too.
    ~Proud AP Mama To Natalie Ann *7/9/06* & Isabella Faith *7/6/09*~

No wonder DS gobbles it up
    Mama to Andrew 6-20-06
    My angel in heaven, Benjamin William 11-2-07 to 11-5-07
    Kaitlyn 6-12-09

As mentioned earlier, I would go with Stoneyfeild Farms! I eat it myself and it would be great for baby. Have fun with the messy food times!

YoBaby is made by Stonyfield Farms...

the plain yogurt has 12g of sugar as opposed to 14-16g of sugar in the YoBaby yogurt. the organic plain yogurt has 11g of sugar.

i give dd YoBaby and she loves it. she eats a one 4oz container in 3-4 different sittings as part of her meal (breakfast or lunch) and then sometimes as part of her afternoon snack.
    Last edited by Aleina's_Mom; January 23rd, 2007 at 01:09 PM.
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

Quote Originally Posted by Aleina's_Mom View Post
    YoBaby is made by Stonyfield Farms...

the plain yogurt has 12g of sugar as opposed to 14-16g of sugar in the YoBaby yogurt. the organic plain yogurt has 11g of sugar.

i give dd YoBaby and she loves it. she eats a one 4oz container in 3-4 different sittings as part of her meal (breakfast or lunch) and then sometimes as part of her afternoon snack.

According to their website you linked, the plain has 11 g of sugar, peach has 23 g of suger, and blueberry has 22 g of suger. This is a comparison of 6 ounce containers.

Quote Originally Posted by jentut View Post
    According to their website you linked, the plain has 11 g of sugar, peach has 23 g of suger, and blueberry has 22 g of suger. This is a comparison of 6 ounce containers.
    right, the organic plain has 11g of sugar...the all natural plain has 12g of sugar. i only mentioned plain because that seemed to be the recommended "flavor". and right again, these are 6oz containers. the yobaby container is only 4oz...

...and i linked the stonyfield farms site to clarify that yobaby is made by stonyfield farms...
    Last edited by Aleina's_Mom; January 23rd, 2007 at 02:26 PM.
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches