Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: whittlestone breast pump

Default whittlestone breast pump

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about the Whittlestone breast pump? Other than through my web search, I had never heard of it. I currently have the PIS and have not had much success with it. Is it possible that my breasts just do not respond to the PIS? Or could they be unresponsive with pumping? I feel like I have tried all the "tricks" to encourage a higher yeild with no positive results. Even if I am away for the day, it not uncommon to get an ounce total out of my breasts per session.
    Thanks

Default Re: whittlestone breast pump

I use the medela pump in style advanced. I usaully get 5-7 ounces when I 'm away.

Someone recently posted on another thread about a similar problem with the pump in style. Lots of suggestions there...try another pump, look at photos ofyour baby, all the regular ideas. The original poster then replied that she'd had her pump checked by a lactation consultant who told her it was defective; the pump wasn't pumping nearly as strong as it should be. Could that be the problem here too??? In her case Medela sent her replacement parts and she was having lots of luck now. Can't remember the name of the original thread, but I bet you could search for "pumping" or similar terms and find it...

I don't know anything about the Whittlestone pump, but I was having the same problem with the PIS and I switched to the new AVent ISis IQ and I love it. Before, I would get 2-3 ounces or less total per session (including massaging and compressions and fenugreek and a gallon of water...etc) and I was stressed and frustrated. I was really thinking that it was a problem with my supply, but the new pump has made all the difference. It's expensive but so worth it!

ITA w/checking your pump. Call Medela and let them know that you're not having much luck with it. Usually, they can trouble shoot over the phone.

The Whittlestone breast expresser is a little different than other pumps. It uses a more of a massaging action vs. a sucking and pulling action. It's a good quality pump and I have heard very good reviews on it. If you should purchase it, it would be great if you wrote back with your own review.

http://bbq.polartreasure.comWith the PIS I've gotten a max of 8-10 oz, but with others I've gotten as little as 2-3 oz. These figures total per sitting. Good luck!