Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: toddler immunity?

Default toddler immunity?

Ladies - can anyone out there tell me from experience if the liklihood of my breastfeeding 2 year old will have a full case of chicken pox (caught from his 3 year old brother who is in full blown, definitely life long immunity, stage) or if the fact that he continues to regularly nurse means his case (that is just starting to show) will be less significant due to my own immunity? And therefore he may still contract the disease again at a later stage? Many thanks, I'm in British Columbia, Canada and would welcome your experience. Sam

Default Re: toddler immunity?

That's an interesting question! But I think it might be outside our scope as Leaders. It may be something you'll need to wait and see how your 2yr-old's case develops and discuss with your healthcare provider. I did find a mother's story on the LLL website which talks about the comfort and benefits of nursing a 3yr old through chicken pox. Hope your little ones feel better soon!
    Mary
    Last edited by @llli*LLLMaryP; January 17th, 2007 at 07:45 AM.

Default Re: toddler immunity?

thanks - if you do discover a family with this experience I'd love to hear - it's just so strange that Oscar's (the 2 yr old) infection is SOOOOO mild. Thanks.