9 69.23%
  • How Many Ounces/Session

4 30.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumping Sessions and Amount

Default Re: Pumping Sessions and Amount

LO is 4 1/2 mo.

i don't generally pump very often as I am not one of those momma's who get much output. I would be lucky to get 4 oz in a day and that was with 3 pumpings. I have been told that some mom's produce just fine for their lo when put on the breast but don't get much output when it comes to pumping. Also pumping doesn't indicatate the amount you produce for your lo. Some women are very lucky and produce far more but it isn't an indicator if there is a problem if you don't produce like them. I felt like something was wrong with me but it is just the way my body is. You are doing just fine. What kind of pump are you using. I know from personal experience that I have better luck with the medela's pumps that have the 2 phrase expression for some reason.
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

I pump 8 times a day, every three hours and get 15oz per (20minute) session

Maybe I have an oversupply but I pump 3 times per day and get 15oz. Every 4hrs at work - the first I average 8oz (5oz from the one he didnt feed on and 3 on the other); then 5oz on the second. I'll pump again in the morning on one side and get another 3-5oz. I only pump for 8-10minutes/session. That amount feeds him while I'm at work with a little extra (sometimes 5oz) to use the next day or freeze.

I pump 4-5 times per day after bfing her and in the morning i pump about 10 oz and the other times from 3 oz to 6oz. It depends on the day. Late afternoon is my worst time. I don't pump at night and now that my baby seems pleased without bottle with EBM after nursing i pump 3 times. I hope my supply won't be dicreased. I have posted a threat about this. Please, i wait someone reply.