Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: dr brown bottles

Default dr brown bottles

I use the dr brown bottles. Well they are leaking. Could it be the nipples? Then vents? How do I know when to replace the nipples when the hole isn't clearly showing signs of being worn out?
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

Default Re: dr brown bottles

I used those bottles and I am trying to remember what we did about them leaking sometimes. I think we took extra care to carry them upright because otherwise it was quite a mess. Sorry that doesn't actually help!

When are they leaking? During storage or usage?
    We use these bottles too, though only once every few weeks. We've not had leaking problems though. My husband, who usually is administering the bottle, says there is a delicate balance between tightening the top too little that may let it leak and too much so that the milk can still flow freely.

it seemed like they leaked during a feeding. but i noticed that it was most noticed on the 4 oz bottle and if I had the bottle upright and squeezeing on nipple like she was eating so it looks like maybe the nipple. Will find out the next time i use them. She doesn't get a bottle often just mainly while i was recovering from surgery yesterday.
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

we had some straw sippy cups that always leaked...
    They would get some weird capilary action in them, only if there was a cold drink and a warm room. maybe thats what they are doing?
    you know like when you blow into a juice box and all the juice comes out.

We use the dr brown bottles too. They usually seem to leak when I try to warm up refrigerated bm (stored in the dr b bottle). I agree with the previous post about the capillary action. Try unscrewing the cap and lifting up the vent and closing again, that seems to solve the problem for us.

if there is fluid in that little staw/stem thing they will leak!