Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much milk do YOU send to daycare?

Default How much milk do YOU send to daycare?

I know there are formulas to figure out how much milk a baby needs, but I am curious as to what people actually do.

So, how much milk do you send? How long is your LO at daycare?

My daughter is there from 8am-4pm and I send three 4 ounce bottles. She is 4 months old.

Default Re: How much milk do YOU send to daycare?

My DS is 5.5 months old. He's in day care for about 8 hours. I send 2 bottles with 5oz each and another 5oz in a milk storage bottle (15 oz total). His intake varies but is typically about 12 oz total. He relatively recently went from small bottles more frequently to larger bottles 2 times at daycare.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

my daughter is 3 mo (10.5 lb). She usually needs about 12 oz, but I can usually only get about 10 or 11. So she gets a tiny bit of formula if necessary.

My baby is 9 months old and I send about 8-12 oz for an 8 hour day. My milk pretty much keeps up with his demand, so I send all my milk to daycare. It's important to keep an open line of communication with your daycare provider. she fills out a daily sheet that tells me how many bottles he had and how many ounces he drinks. This is how I determine how to "package" my milk. I put it in the "milk bags" as I call them and fill them according to how much he drinks. It doesn't always work, but it kind of gives me a guide. And my daycare provider appreciates it too.

waouhhhhhh... my girl drinks, drinks, drinks.... she is also in day care ~ 8 hrs/day. I send 3 6-ounces bottles and 2 2-ounces bottle. And most of the time she drinks it all. She is 4 month old next week.... I have a hard time keeping up with her need !!!

I just posted above... now I am wondering???? Is she getting too much??? I had tried to argue this with the day care, but they keep saying "she is hungry"! What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I just posted above... now I am wondering???? Is she getting too much??? I had tried to argue this with the day care, but they keep saying "she is hungry"! What do you think?
    Seems like alot to me ... perhaps day care is interpreting every time your daughter gets fussy as hungry? Sometimes it can take some polite persuasion for day care to try other soothing techniques (swing, bouncy chair, music, holding baby, etc.).
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

My guy would drink and drink and drink. Whatever we gave him he would drink it. I interpreted this as him being hungry. I don't think he knew any better. Thanks to my daycare provider who is more experienced than I am (going on #4) we got it figured out. She would prepare a bottle for him and when he began to noticeably slow down, she stopped feeding him. It worked! He was satisfied and not spitting up buckets full.