Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The vegetarian baby

Default Re: The vegetarian baby

You might want to look at www.vegetarianbaby.com for some helpful information! I'm also a lacto-vegetarian and raising my DS as one. I found this site helpful. Also there is a Vegetarian & Vegan discussion board at Mothering.
    Last edited by ftm06; January 18th, 2007 at 08:53 AM. Reason: add another link

Quote Originally Posted by beeboos View Post
    My son didn't start eating solids until he was almost one year old. He didn't start eating beans until he was older either, that's why I explained it the way I did. Sorry I didn't write it more clearly. I'm a little sleep deprived right now.
    Absolutely okay Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ftm06 View Post
    You might want to look at www.vegetarianbaby.com for some helpful information! I'm also a lacto-vegetarian and raising my DS as one. I found this site helpful. Also there is a Vegetarian & Vegan discussion board at Mothering.
    Whoa, thank you! Perfect!

Thanks for asking this question! My husband and I are vegan and also use soy as a large part of our diet. I have read those articles too but have chosen to still stay with some soy products as well as wheat gluten products. I make my 10 month old's food and add tofu to it because I too worry about the protein part. I also wanted to make sure he had protein, potassium, vitamin B, E and K, folate, and a good fat source for brain development so advocado also served useful in that area.

Hope this helps!