Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: nausea from nursing

Default nausea from nursing

Recently while my 10 month old is nursing, I occassionally feel nausious. I can't explain it other than I will get a pain in my nipple from his sucking and then I instantly feel like getting sick. Can anyone out there explain?

Default Re: nausea from nursing

I've felt the same way occasionally. I noticed it's when I haven't been drinking enough water. I think it's from dehydration as much as anything else in my case. Think you're getting enough liquids?

That happens too me too, and it seems to be worse at night. I have crackers on my nightstand...just like the good old days when i was preggo. lol
    gabby

Me too. I think either I'm slightly dehydrated or it's just the body's response to such a large & sudden drop in fluid. I have low blood pressure too, and notice a similar reaction with rapid blood/water loss in other situations.

Although nausea or feeling depressed when let down occurs isn't too common, it does sometimes happen.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nausea-bf.html

Although, if you didn't have it before your baby was 10 months, like early on and if you didn't have nipple pain either ... could it be that you might be pregnant?

Beth
    Mom of 2