Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry, still confused...

Default Re: Sorry, still confused...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetiejo5 View Post
    Sophie's new picture is so cute!
    Thank you! My little Cookie Monster.

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohsMom View Post
    I would really just encourage you to ease into solids, don't force it, and always offer to nurse first. That said, it is possible that your child MAY not want to nurse as much...maybe.
    I will try nursing first, but so far she does want to nurse a little bit afterwards. Not nearly as much is swallowed as before, however, I do mix the cereal with breastmilk, so maybe the pumping for the cereal will help maintain my current supply.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyb View Post
    That said, I know some kids just seem ready a little earlier.
    HTH

Thank you for your points, well valued! BTW DD is quite ready, to my surprise. She has never even spit it back out, which I know most babies do for quite some time! She just... EATS!

A big thanks to everyone !!

Aww, I know it's a BIT off-topic, but I caught pictures of my big girl! This is only the second time she ever ate cereal!

My dd gets her solids in between nursing sessions. She has always (I mean since birth!) nursed every 3 hours, but she now gets hungry about an hour to 1-1/2 hours after she eats, so that's when she gets her meal. She still nurses 6 or 7 times a day, but she also gets 3 little meals a day.