Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Frozen mommy pops?

Default Frozen mommy pops?

I can't find the post that I saw about them. Just curious about the recipe!

Also, this might sound a little odd.. My MIL was trying to give ds2 some rice milk that she made...its delicious but I don't want my son having cows milk yet (he's 5.5 months). I had to tell her that ONCE AGAIN!!! Anyway, the recipe is just boiled milk you add the cooked rice, then sugar to taste, then add cornstarch to thicken. Here's were it gets weird...I was wondering if BM can be boiled and used in this recipe to replace the cow's milk? And, would cornstarch be a problem?

OK...any suggestions or comment, laughing, etc...accepted. TIA!

Default Re: Frozen mommy pops?

I don't know if cornstarch would be an issue, but the sugar certainly would. You don't want to give your baby sugar until they are at least a year old, as it can cause glucose problems.

I think most moms just freeze plain breastmilk....
    cornstarch is made of corn and some babies have trouble with corn.

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow View Post
    I don't know if cornstarch would be an issue, but the sugar certainly would. You don't want to give your baby sugar until they are at least a year old, as it can cause glucose problems.
    I should of been a little clearer. I wasn't going to use sugar. I figured my milk would be sweet enough. My biggest concern is the BM...can it be boiled?

I would personally just freeze the BM and make the pops. I wouldn't give this to a baby that was too young as they could potentially bite off too big of a chunk and choke.