Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: laughing cow mini babybel semisoft cheese...

Default laughing cow mini babybel semisoft cheese...

...is it okay for baby? dd will be 8months old this sunday (1/14) and wanted to introduce cheese to her.

ingredients are:
    pasteurized cultured milk, salt, enzymes (according to the package)
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

Default Re: laughing cow mini babybel semisoft cheese...

?? i have asked which cheeses are good for firsts a couple of times but havent gotten a response.....i was told cabbots isnt using growth hormones if thats important to you....i love brie but since its on the do not eat list while pregnant, i think because it isnt pasturized?? im not sure if lo's can have it....
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

We give Connor havarti cheese chunks and gave him some shredded cheddar once. My feeling is that if its made from pasteurized milk its probably ok. I try not to give too much because most contain some salt. He has a little friend in playgroup that loves feta!
    Wanted to add...Someone else can probably speak more accurately to this, but I believe yogurt and cheese are possibly wait until 9 months things? We didn't introduce cheese until around Christmas (too many cheese trays around!) and just did yogurt last week and we're creeping up on 11 months.
    Last edited by freeresponse; January 13th, 2007 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freeresponse View Post
    We give Connor havarti cheese chunks and gave him some shredded cheddar once. My feeling is that if its made from pasteurized milk its probably ok. I try not to give too much because most contain some salt. He has a little friend in playgroup that loves feta!
    Wanted to add...Someone else can probably speak more accurately to this, but I believe yogurt and cheese are possibly wait until 9 months things? We didn't introduce cheese until around Christmas (too many cheese trays around!) and just did yogurt last week and we're creeping up on 11 months.
    hmmm...our pedi's nurse said that i could introduce yogurt to dd...she's 8 month old today. she recommended giving her a bit of yogurt because dd is on some antibiotics. i'm giving her yobaby yogurt...and yes, i know there is quite a bit of sugar in it...and honestly, i can't find a yogurt that doesn't have a lot of sugar in it. anyways, i give dd abour 2-3oz a day, and she LOVES it!

i haven't tried to give her the cheese yet. i think i'll just start off with something familiar in a month or so...like string cheese or mild cheddar.
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

i haven't started DS on cheese yet, 7 months old, but I've heard cottage cheese is a good place to start.
    Mama to Andrew 6-20-06
    My angel in heaven, Benjamin William 11-2-07 to 11-5-07
    Kaitlyn 6-12-09

Hi,

This chart from Dr. Sears recommends starting cottage cheese later, but doesn't say which cheeses are best to start with. We waited until after DS was ok with yogurt to introduce cheese. We started with the cheese we were eating, which was cheddar. I like those laughing cow cheeses but DS doesn't like those much for some reason. Hope this helps!