Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: One boob bigger than the other

Exclamation One boob bigger than the other

Hi

I have been bf'ing for nearly 4 weeks and my breasts went soft on the 3rd week.

I have noticed that I seem to have more milk in the left side than the right and my right boob is a few inches smaller than the other boob.

Is this common? and is there something I can do to even them out so to speak

She has a feed on one breast at a time and this seems to be enough for her, although last week she was going thru a growth spurt when my breasts went soft and she needed both breasts, could this be the cause of my lop sideded boobs?

Thank you for your time
    Last edited by B@bylove; January 13th, 2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Default Re: One boob bigger than the other

Hey,
    I would say that sounds pretty normal. My right breast was larger and has always produced more milk than the left. Also, it is normal for your breasts to become soft after the first few weeks once your milk supply has been established.(Thank goodness!)
    Is the difference in size enough to notice or worry about? Not sure what to tell you to even them out, but I think there is a way. Anyone else out there have a suggestion?

Hi there,
    Yes, it is completely normal and nothing to worry about! If you wish to increase supply on one side, then increased feedings should often do the trick. But if you don't mind it, then you can just let it go!

HTH

lol you can really tell the difference with mine, so I will increase feeds on that side lol, thank you for your replys

Hi, my rigth breast is HUGE compared to my left! Its really noticable, I talked to my doc and he said to just try in to increase feedings on that side and when Im not feeding on that side to pump it.. so we'll see how it goes if u find something that works lemme know!!
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

I have been pumping on the other side when she feeds so I will let you know how it goes

i've had the same problem , my left is smaller than my right and it started about a month ago. he used to prefer my left, now he wants the right. i've tried increasing feedings on that side but he only wants the right when we start nursing then after he's done with the right i put him on the left but he only nurses there for like a minute or two? it's strange.