I been struggling with low supply problems for 2 1/2 months, it´s almost 3 am and i´m tired; here´s my story:I started back to work when my daughter was 6 weeks old and have never been able to get more than 2 oz. total when pumping at work or home. At the first weeks she would bob her head to my breast and away crying the whole time as if she were starving and there was nothing there, so i had to supplement with formula. i used two breast pumps the first one an evenflo (single/electric) for a couple of weeks but it wore off. Then i rented a lactina from medela and i been using it since then with no satisfactory results (2 oz the most from both breast). I been visiting a lactation consultant who have helped me with proper latch technique because i suffered from mastitis and now my baby is able to nurse better but she still needs 1 or 2 oz after 45 min to 1 hr of nursing her. I have taken all the herbs (fenugreek 3 caps/3 times daily, 2 boxes of mother´s milk tea, domperidone 20 mg/3 times daily for 10 days and now alfalfa caps 8 daily), drinks lots of water, pumping every two hours at work plus every 3 when at home - 5-6 times per day, but after pumping I only can get about 9 oz daily. The lactation consultant doesnt know what´s the problem and i´m frustrated about this situation because i been doing everything to increase my milk supply with no results. I´m going to start classes next week for a master´s program and i´m currently working part time (30 hs/week); i want to store more milk because i will be away from my baby more time and i´m afraid i will lost my poor milk supply. Please HELP!!!! here are my questions:
1. Should i change from breastpump??? i read that sometimes changing from brands can help. I was thinking of changing from Lactina (medela) to Purely Yours (Ameda)
2. Should I keep taking domperidone??? I read in Dr. Jack Newman´s website that i could increase up to 30 mg/3 times per day up to 6 weeks. Is that safe??? PLEASE NOTE i forgot to tell you i have no support from my doctor so i feel unsecure to keep taking it
3. My lactation consultant (which is not an LLLC specialist, but she´s the only one available in town) told me to pump every 2 hs for 48 hs to see if there´s an increase in my supply and i been doing it for 24 hs with less results (5 oz) and sore nipples!!!! besides that my daughter started acting fussy at my breast AGAIN and seems like she´s starving. SHOULD I KEEP PUMPING LIKE THE LC TOLD ME????
4. Has anyone tried More Milk by Motherlove?? what about Bach´s Rescue Remedy???
5. Should i quit???? I think i been trying all with no results and no support from a doctor or my family. Am I crazy for keep trying?? I NEED ANSWERS, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!