Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Screaming & pulling off

Default Screaming & pulling off

When I put my seven week old son to the breast he gives a few good sucks, and then pulls off screaming. He will then quickly go back on and do the same thing again, and this repeated over and over. He's acting like he's in pain, but from what? I know he's getting milk and I no longer have a problem with fast let down or excessive foremilk. Each time he comes off I burp him, but it's not helping. We are both getting very fed-up with this. If he's getting enough milk ( Many poops and pees everyday) and the foremilk/hindmilk is balanced ( all yellow poops) and the milk is not coming down to hard..then what the heck is the problem!?

Default Re: Screaming & pulling off

Did this behavior just start? If so, thrush comes to mind as does an ear infection. Has he been evaluated by his doctor? Have you looked in his mouth for white patches/spots? Does baby get bottles, ever? Is your let down inhibited at all? How long is he going between nursing sessions?

Sorry for all of the questions! Just trying to get a better idea of what is going on

Default Re: Screaming & pulling off

There are no white patches on his tongue, and I'm not having and nipple itching, so I don't think it's thrush? He's been doing this since about 3 weeks, and tomorrow he's 8 weeks. He doe's however have a rash on his face, mostly around his mouth that looks like ezema ( red, rough, bumpy) and he's constantly rubbing his nose/mouth area on my cheast when I hold him and he moans while he doe's this. I'm wondering if this is connected to allergies? I'm taking him to a doc that practices natural med. and will test him for allergies tomrrow. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon!