Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: general ?

Default general ?

any sites/threads deal with single moms? my husband has just decided to leave me and i am wondering if there are any other bf singles or seperated (perm. or temporary-hopefully mine is temporary). thanks?

Default Re: general ?

Oh, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I don't know of any websites or other internet resources to support moms in breastfeeding while separated. But I know that there are lots and LOTS of women who have been in your position.

If visitation/custody becomes an issue, there is legal precedent for taking the breastfeeding relationship into consideration in making these arrangements. I've read about a lawyer or two who specialize in protecting the legal rights of breastfeeding moms through these problems.

I also wanted to share that my own sister found herself in a similar situation; when her dd was 5yo, her older son was a toddler, and her youngest was only 3 months or so, her husband left very abruptly. I know it was a terribly difficult time, but the separation proved temporary, and she did go on to nurse her youngest for a long time.

Good luck and let us know how we can support you through this time.

--Rebecca

Default Re: general ?

I know of this site, though I don't visit it too often...
    http://singlemothers.org/SMO/index.php