Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Gripe Water

Default Gripe Water

Do you use Gripe Water for your infant's gassiness? My pediatrician recommended against it because it has Sodium Bicarbonate which is absorbed into the blood stream. She suggested Mylicon as it is not absorbed. However, I was just reading that Mylicon and similar drops don't help much with intestinal gas.

In my research I came across Colic Calm brand Gripe Water. It has NO sodium bicarbonate, YAY. So, has anyone tried it? I think I'm going to buy some for my poor gassy babe.

Lyn

Default Re: Gripe Water

I have used it, but it was around the same time that I became a vegan as we discovered Mason had a sensitivity to milk...now that I read that, I realize that wasn't any help . Have you tryed doing infant massage, or keeping your LO elevated after feedings to help expell the upper gas? just a thought. Take a look at what kellymom has to say. Good Luck!!!!

I don't know how anyone else feels about this. But my LO has terrible terrible gas as well. She even had a decended (sp) tummy! Drs did Xrays and everything...and they saw she had a ton of gas built up. I took her to my Chiropractor and after a few times she was TONS better! Now she has pretty much no more gas. I am convinced it was the CHIRO treatments that helped. I hope you will consider this! Its purely natural as well!

Quote Originally Posted by TristaDani View Post
    I don't know how anyone else feels about this. But my LO has terrible terrible gas as well. She even had a decended (sp) tummy! Drs did Xrays and everything...and they saw she had a ton of gas built up. I took her to my Chiropractor and after a few times she was TONS better! Now she has pretty much no more gas. I am convinced it was the CHIRO treatments that helped. I hope you will consider this! Its purely natural as well!
    Thanks for reminding me. DS had two chiro treatments last week in Canada, and now that I'm back in the States I needed to set him up. I will do that! In the meantime, I'm heading to the health food store. Colic Calm and Colic Ease are two Gripe Waters with no Sodium BiCarbonate. Colic Ease has no Charcoal but uses essential oils. Colic Calm uses Vegetable Charcoal, but no essential oils PLUS it has chamomilla, a great homeopathic to calm babies. SO, we'll see what the healthfood store has, I just need something to help him out temporarily as his tummy is SOOO upset.

Lyn
    Lyn