Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Massage?

Default Massage?

Has anyone gotten a massage while they are nursing? (I don't mean at the same time as nursing, I mean during the time in your life that you are nursing.) Do you wear a bra?? I'm nervous that I'm going to leak on the table!

Default Re: Massage?

I did get a massage when LO was 6 weeks. I was also worried about leaking, but I decided not to wear a bra.
    To my surprise, I did NOT leak, but I was ready with a couple of those soft baby washcloths in case I needed to put them under my breasts.

Good idea, thanks!

Do it! Massage is awesome, and new moms definitely need it!! I didn't get a massage until my DS was 6 months, I didn't have any leaking, but I'm sure you could use any towel to lay on if you are worried...they should have some there.

Have fun!
    Jenny
    Mama to Jacob , born 6/11/06
    And his NEW baby brother , born 8/14/08

, , , cloth diapering

I got one when DS was 10 months. I wasn't leaking but it was really hard to lay on my stomach...like where are these boobs supposed to go??? The women who gave me a massage had nursed all three of her kids and she did such a good job...I kind forgot about my mashed up boobs!

Way too lazy for formula

I'm one of the lucky ones who hasn't leaked a drop in the last 7.5 months of nursing, but in the first 2.5 I did get a massage. I wore those Lily Padz nursing pads and no bra. See here:http://www.lilypadz.com/index1.html
    Enjoy!

I did a sugar scrub and a visci shower followed by a massage. I did leak ...make that sprayed...all over the place. I think b/c it was really warm water ect. Also I was like..humm I wonder how Anneliese is and boom my sprinklers went off full blast. I just told the lady I was nursing and we kind of laughed it off. Still I was a little embarrased. When I flipped for the massage I shoved tissues under my boobs which helped.
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

I had a massage when dd was 8 weeks, it was awesome! I pumped minutes before heaven began!! I didn't wear a bra or leak. ENJOY IT!!!!

I did one at 6 weeks, fed right before I went, and let the massage therapist know. I did keep my bra on, but I didn't have to as she put a folded towel sown for me. It was a very worth it.