Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Solids changing feeding schedule

Default Solids changing feeding schedule

Do introducing solids cause a change in a baby's feeding schedule?
    My DD used to have a 7:30 am feeding before I left for work. A week after introducing solids she no longer wants to eat at that time. I'm a first-time mom so I don't know how this works. Is that what usually happens?

Default Re: Solids changing feeding schedule

Are you offering the breast first? That is the one thing I have read over and over. Solids are simpily supposed to be in addition to breast milk (or formula) not instead of. It isn't until they are a bit older that solids make up the meals and breast milk is a snack if you will.
    Try to offer the breast first. Let her nurse until she is done (or a bottle) and then offer the solids. Watch for cues that she is full (like pushing away the spoon, not opening her mouth, etc...)
    Hope this helps some!

Default Re: Solids changing feeding schedule

My MIL is the one feeding my DD the cereal so I am unable to offer her the breast first. But I think she is feeding her the cereal first then the bottle. She never fills up on the cereal and still drinks her normal amount of EBM afterward. Should I have MIL give her a bottle before the cereal?
    At what age do you offer solids before breastmilk?