Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What's the Diff?

Default What's the Diff?

So what's the difference between Fenugreek in Mothers Milk Tea and the Fenugreek pills? I bought both and was reading the label. The tea states per serving is 3-5 cups a day each with 35mg of fenugreek. The pills state 1-2 pills a day at 610mg each. Which is best?

Default Re: What's the Diff?

if you were to only choose one, i'd recommend the fenugreek pills, as the pills are more concentrated. i take fenugreek pills on and off...and it works within 48 hours of starting. but i also drink mother's milk tea 1-2 times a day. i typically take the pills for 2-3 weeks and then off for a couple weeks. if i notice that my supply is starting to decrease, i start taking it again. some mothers notice that their supply doesn't decrease much after stopping. i noticed a drop in my supply a couple weeks ago when dd started sleeping through the night (7:30pm - 5:30am).

you can definitely do both the tea and pills! good luck!
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

The tea also has other herbs in it that are traditionally used to support lactation, like anise and fennel. I have been taking fenugreek for several months, because unlike other mom's, as soon as I quit my supply drops off a cliff.

I don't think the dosage on the fenugreek bottle is meant for increasing lactation. I think it's just meant for overall health.

Okay so you can't overdose by doing both?